Home About Me Free Tutorials My Portfolio Categories Archives Contact Me

Monday, August 31

Layout: Timeless collage

Over at SIStv, Angie Backen had a "Complete This Layout" Challenge with a sketch and these random items were selected by message board participants:
1. embellishment - flower(s)
2. color - yellow
3. technique - stamped image
4. word - "LIVE" (I forgot that one)
5. surprise element - one monochromatic pattern paper
 

I slaved on this for days. I started with Claudine Hellmuth's Canvas Paper, and made a collage background like Nikki Peterson and Stacy Fike taught in the Collage Couture Online/Sisiversary Class. I've been wanting to practice those techniques for evahhhh.

My circle is the Hambly transparency. My monochromatic paper is the yellow heart (almost forgot that one). I sprayed the border, leaving the negative.I stamped the journal block which is barely barely visible, you can see faint quotation marks if you look at the end of my journaling.
  
 
I had so much fun working on this, when I wasn't working on this new blog. I got locked out of my old blog by mistake, you can read about below.

Thanks for checking me out and for your comments which make my day!!!!
xoxo,
ja

Photobucket

3 comments:

Marit said...

Oh WOWZAH!! This truly is marvelous!!!! I'm so glad I found you (hooray for new blogs!!!) and I just added you on my blog roll (SMILE! 'cause I don't do that too often otherwise it becomes too long and I want to visit "my roll" at least once a week...) So see you around!

fairyrocks said...

Hey love your creativity I can appreciate the time it takes, good on you!!

claudine hellmuth said...

this is beautiful!! i'll post a link from my blog in my next linky post!