Home About Me Free Tutorials My Portfolio Categories Archives Contact Me

Monday, August 31

Layout: Timeless collage

Over at SIStv, Angie Backen had a "Complete This Layout" Challenge with a sketch and these random items were selected by message board participants:
1. embellishment - flower(s)
2. color - yellow
3. technique - stamped image
4. word - "LIVE" (I forgot that one)
5. surprise element - one monochromatic pattern paper

I slaved on this for days. I started with Claudine Hellmuth's Canvas Paper, and made a collage background like Nikki Peterson and Stacy Fike taught in the Collage Couture Online/Sisiversary Class. I've been wanting to practice those techniques for evahhhh.

My circle is the Hambly transparency. My monochromatic paper is the yellow heart (almost forgot that one). I sprayed the border, leaving the negative.I stamped the journal block which is barely barely visible, you can see faint quotation marks if you look at the end of my journaling.
I had so much fun working on this, when I wasn't working on this new blog. I got locked out of my old blog by mistake, you can read about below.

Thanks for checking me out and for your comments which make my day!!!!



Marit said...

Oh WOWZAH!! This truly is marvelous!!!! I'm so glad I found you (hooray for new blogs!!!) and I just added you on my blog roll (SMILE! 'cause I don't do that too often otherwise it becomes too long and I want to visit "my roll" at least once a week...) So see you around!

fairyrocks said...

Hey love your creativity I can appreciate the time it takes, good on you!!

claudine hellmuth said...

this is beautiful!! i'll post a link from my blog in my next linky post!