Home About Me Free Tutorials My Portfolio Categories Archives Contact Me

Tuesday, December 8

Indie Alternative to Pottery Barn Peace Sign






 
This is my design team project for Say It With Letters. I covered the unfinished MDF Peace Sign with a vintage doilie. First, I used Strano's Ribbon Stiff on the doilie to make it like paper, to cut it so it wouldn't unravel. Then I adhered it to the sign with Fabri-Tac Adhesive. And that's it!!! One of the easiest projects I've made in a long time. You can buy the peace sign ornaments (shown above), or the larger size (6 inches to 48 inches, shown below here).

Deb D'amboise, wrote on the Say It With Letters blog about the Pottery Barn's Peace sign in their new catalog, "nd, I'm sure many of you subscribe to Pottery Barn catalogues and e-mails. Last week I received the PBTeen e-mail and look at this adorable Peace Sign light!


I love Pottery Barn! But the price tag? $150 bucks. The dimensions on this are 23.5". Our peace signs unfinished at that size are priced at $33 and you could easily paint and create something similar.  :) Peace signs are SO popular right now and I thought it was fun to see this.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for this article- inspired me to make my own peace sign light like pbk which i also thought was $$$$-- i took snake lights from lowe's (3.98 for one 6 ft strand) and attached the strand around the inside of a metal peace sign i found at kirkland's for 14.99-- it looks awesome plugged in behind my daughter's bed- i was shocked!!-- less than 20.00 :) i already liked the colors of the sign as painted, but also thought about painting it w/ signature eggshell from lowe's ( which doubles as chalkboard paint)-