Home About Me Free Tutorials My Portfolio Categories Archives Contact Me

Monday, November 2

For the love of the stitch


 
One of my ongoing projects I try to work on every other day is an embroidery sampler as I teach myself new stitches. It's just a piece of felt, and I'm not using a hoop to stretch it, nor drawing lines for exactness, so it's just kind of a beautiful mess of a sampler.  I found the Embroidery Stitch Dictionary at a new flea market that opened here in Rochester on LaGrange ($3 score! plus the basket below was a neighbor's sale, another $3 score!) Eventually I'm going to be getting into the Sublime Stitching patterns, that I bought at Jo-Anns, photo below.



And these beauties, I purchased at a flea market that opened yesterday near my home for just $.25 each! Did I mention I can walk to this flea market? Heaven!
 





10 comments:

Vel said...

Fabulous! Love your sampler. Now, I know I don't have the patience for that but I just love trying new stuff...took up quilling (again) recently and I might try crocheting again. Now what we need is more hours in the day so we have the time to do all this stuff.

amytangerine said...

so fun, looking forward to seeing all you create!

Amber Zimmerman said...

That sampler is lovely! I love all of the colors of the stitching. I enjoy embroidering too and hope to use it to make some gifts for Christmas. There are so many fun patterns and ideas on etsy. I have the Sublime book too and they have some great patterns too! Can't wait to see your projects. =)

Amy Eileen said...

I heart Sublime Stitching! :)

Marit said...

OOOOOOHHHH, WOOOOOOWWWWW.... I love your piece of cloth - just random embroidery! And flee markets are heaven, I know. I'm addicted. Wish we could walk to it together.... (but we probably would argue about "who saw it first" 'cause I think we would want to buy the same things....LOL)

linda said...

I totally have that Sublime Stitching pad of patterns as well, but haven't done anything! Your embroidery is fantastic, wow!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

i love love LOVE simple stitching, i think it chages and adds the most lovely touch an elegance to any artwork.

Trulyana said...

I love your stitching. It is truly inspirational and I also like how you engage in something creative everyday through your skill for the art. I would like to do some kind of stitch piece for my friends 60th Birthday which is on the 25th November (so not long), but am not sure exactly what. I had an idea earlier of doing a simple stich or embrodeid landscape of some sort and put a frame around it. What do you think is the shortest within the time frame?

Trulyana said...

It's me again. You know, I thought I saw that "sublime stitching pad" before! I went back to Oxfam today to have a browse at the stiching section, and there it was again - the pad! :)

Anonymous said...

Ooo! I love the stitches! Especially the loopy one. :) I've through about getting the Sublime craft pad - Jenny Hart's designs are so much fun. Thanks for visiting my blog, and for sharing your stitching!