Home About Me Free Tutorials My Portfolio Categories Archives Contact Me

Monday, November 16

Handle with Care


This scrapbook sticker "Handle with Care" was stuck to bottom of my slipper, as often as is bling swirls and cardboard buttons, and when it was found on the floor in this condition, my husband had to document the irony. I think it will be fitting to be on the cover of my Wreck This Journal!

Speaking of WTJ, a new page: Page of Good Thoughts (for a Monday)

 

Over the weekend, my parents came from Cleveland for a visit. With my sister and her husband's work schedule in Buffalo, this was our only time to have Thanksgiving. I invited my nephew from my husband's side of the family, as my close friends know he is like the child I never had, he has only met my mother. He added so much to the gathering. I'm trying to edit the photos in Picnik via Flickr but having trouble saving. I guess I'll share those photos tomorrow!







8 comments:

Susie said...

The torn and crumbled "handle with care" sticker will be a perfect embellishment for the cover. I really like your good thoughts pages. I am glad you mentioned this was for "Wreck this Journal". I had gotten a copy a while back, got distracted before I ever started and forgot all about it. Now, I know what I'll be working on this evening as the rain comes down. Thanks for sharing.

Leah said...

i love what you've done with your good thoughts page. it feels like a good thoughts spread without even looking at the words!

elk said...

hi there...love your thoughts on the page...irony did not escape on the handle with care!
nice to meet you

patti west said...

Looking forward to your Thanksgiving pics! Love the worn out "handle w/care". Hi to Dave! :)

Julie said...

Your words are so beautiful and touching.

Meredith said...

I love the handle-with-care sticker that became such an ironic cover for your journal :) What a great idea!

Unknown said...

I love the beat up sticker-and especially where it was found!! Beautiful journal work!
Lynn

Vel said...

I LOVE the sticker for the cover...priceless! And your journal is coming along so nicely. Awesome you've got Thanksgiving out of the way and had a good time. :)