Home About Me Free Tutorials My Portfolio Categories Archives Contact Me

Wednesday, March 31

As Seen on the Bad Girls Blog

I posted this on the Bad Girls Blog yesteday.

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years. -Simone Signoret

Yes, Sewing is the theme today! I thought you sewing Bad Girls might like the above quote to add to your favorites.

Here is my Sewing Themed Inspiration. I love love love collecting vintage patterns, the ones where the front is a hand-drawn design instead of a photograph.

Mosaicc6ae8e4f4257d8291b7f92327562236d971a1582


Here is my finished project!

I use the vintage pattern figures in my projects, as well as the pattern paper. I've also admired the rag-quilt looking letters, so when I got these wood Say It With Letters "Sew" Letters, I knew I was going to mix up my love for vintage patterns, vintage notions, and some rag quilt styling.
You'll notice that I used the fabrics from our March Feature Kit “Shabby Little Sugar Shoppefor the border of the letters, creating a rag quilt look.
(I'll tell you a secret, I love the fabrics so much that I only used them for the border so that I'll have leftovers to use on more projects!!!!)
IMG_3433ajulieannshahin
IMG_3439ajulieannshahin
IMG_3431ajulieannshahin
I covered the MDF letters with the felt letters that were decorated before attaching. More information on this will be available on our forum!

You can purchase the MDF  wood letters at http://www.sayitwithletters.com

IMG_3463ajulieannshahin
IMG_3465ajulieannshahin

IMG_3421ajulieannshahin
I am going to hang this in my craft room tonight!
I'm so excited!!! I hope you are inspired too!
xoxo, with love
julie ann

ElitebannerJulieAnn
 






Enjoy This Post?

Subscribe to My Blog with Google or with or with Bloglines



No comments: