Home About Me Free Tutorials My Portfolio Categories Archives Contact Me

Monday, June 21

Last Day For Weekly Challenge at For the Luv of Art


Last Day for Weekly Challenge At For the Luv of Art

(OOPS! I meant to get this posted last week, and I never finised this post! - Well, there is really no deadline - just a new challenge will be posted tomorrow is all, yet you can still catch up anytime to this challenge)

"6/15 Challenge: Welcome to my guest post challenge, invited by DT Leader Carrie - as she is/was away on vacation!

In honor of Damien's presence (Norma's husband) on our board at FTLOA , my challenge is kind of a fun twist on his "Man-slave" introduction. If you want use an alter-ego theme this week, go for it! (optional)"

The challenge?
Create a layout / card / hybrid item / or home decor project inspired by this "ad" (actually the cover) from an Anthropologie catalog:



Here is how I was inspired by the ad.
I had already torn out this outfit I loved from a magazine, and I especially loved her "foot pose." I liked the bold horizontal color bar along the bottom so I repeated that on my layout in blue. I also positioned my title in the same place. Then I got very whimsical with the background! Oh, and this is not so much my alter-ego unless you consider that in, the winter I'm a sort-of a couch-potato, so this is my active summer-self! haha



I hope you all play along with this week's challenge. Post a link to your completed page "here in this thread at For the Luv of Art" so we can all enjoy seeing what you created!

Have Fun!!! Heart U

Here's a few more details about my layout! I used a Prima patterned paper for the base. Then I cut a piece of paper almost 9x9 of green patterned paper that sat on vintage doilies (cut in halves). The third piece of patterned paper was the blue piece horizontally along the bottom of the green, which had the butterflies and florals, I cut away some of the blue patterned paper.
**********

I painted Glimmermist onto the butterflies and florals.  I also used Stickles on the green floral background.
**********

I cut words out of vintage books and inked the edges with vintage linen distress ink.

You all must check out this layout by Damien for the challenge;  this one by Sherry C; this by JessiW; this by Brianne; this by Adora; this by katie; and  this by ellen s. Who's next?





Enjoy This Post?

Subscribe to My Blog with Google or with or with Bloglines


No comments: