Home About Me Free Tutorials My Portfolio Categories Archives Contact Me

Tuesday, February 15

Counterfeit Kit Blog Challenge and Tutorial Links

I heard about the Counterfeit Kit Challenge on 2peas when they announced their DT Call. I'm too busy to apply, though highly tempted! I love the whole idea (and created my own Counterfeit that is below), which they explain as posted on their blog...

If you have ever browsed through those great monthly scrapbook kit clubs and admired their beautiful kits...but knew you needed more supplies, like a "hole in the head"...you know who you are (you're the one with TONS of supplies and embellishments in your ever growing scrapbook stash)...this challenge is for you!

On the 5th of every month here at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog, we will choose a kit from a popular kit club (for inspiration) and challenge you to create a "counterfeit kit", using just the supplies you already own. And to be fair, just in case you
need the "inspiration" kit, we will only feature current club kits, because we're nice like that!

In addition to our "counterfeit" challenge, we will also include a few other challenges (to actually USE these kits), a few tutorials (for creating your own embellishments), and a blog hop (toward the end of the month for everyone to SHARE their "counterfeit kits" and their creations)!


We
challenge you to jump right in, join us, be inspired, create, and share your work! We can't wait to meet you!
The Challenge
Their February Challenge is to Counterfeit the Scraps of Darkness kit as pictured here:
Link: http://www.scrapsofdarkness.com/images/Feb_Main_Kit_Embellishments.jpg

The CHALLENGE is to use this kit for inspiration. How, you ask? Well, there are many ways to go about this. Here are a few ideas...

  • Try and match every piece in this kit as close as possible to something from your supply stash.
  • Use the "kit contents" as inspiration, and recreate your own kit with the same types of supplies, but in a different color or style that corresponds better with your preferences/photographs/scrapbook style/tastes.
  • Make a "page kit" rather than a large kit..."counterfeiting" just a few items from this kit as inspiration. 
  • Using the color scheme from this kit as inspiration, try to re-create a kit of your own using whatever supplies you have available.
  • We hope you all find some inspiration in the kit we choose this month!!!  If you aren't sure where to begin, check out the "Hints and Tips" page of our blog for some help.  
Tutorials
Some of the items in this month's kit, were similar to some tutorials from last month...check out these tutorials to get you started...Embellished Straight Pins and Bingo Cards.  Have fun getting started!!!
Photo source
Photo source

ADDITIONAL TUTORIALS (not created by me, see authors at link location)


My Take On the Challenge

Here is my Main Kit, it's my first time and since I'm re-arranging and re-sorting through my scraproom, I took a really quick and haphazard photo.

This is my Vintage Add-On Kit, I couldn't resist adding in some Valentines.



I've made several projects so far. A layout inspired by the Big Picture Class "Embrace Imperfection"...

Oh yeah, see that white strip of paper that's been embossed? I just used my new Sizzix BigKick!!!!


 
Enjoy This Post? 
Subscribe to My Blog with 
Google or with or with Bloglines 
 
Photobucket

7 comments:

A Creative Operation said...

I love your kit, it is so happy and vibrant. I am looking forward to seeing what you make!

Counterfeit Kit Challenge said...

I "heart" your kit! Your color scheme is really fresh! I love the pops of color in it! Your vintage add ons are really great! I have been finding some great ones online and printing them out. :)

Bethany

Margie said...

Your kit is great, with a lot of variety!

Debbie said...

Your kit is so fun. Love those add ons too - I need those banners!

Lesa said...

Really nice kit!! Love the colors!!

MamaD said...

Love your vintage take on the kit! I just love this counterfeit kit challenge. BTW, I'm also taking the embracing imperfection class. Not sure it's taking root yet, though! Can't wait to see what else you make.

Counterfeit Kit Challenge said...

I am in lve with your vintage add on kit! It's super cute! thanks for playing along :)
*meridy*